Gift Aid & Tax Relief

If you are a UK taxpayer, the School receives an additional £25 for every £100 you give, at no extra cost to you.* (This is money that would otherwise go to the taxman). However you choose to donate, please Gift Aid it!

Click here to complete a Gift Aid form online or here to print and post a paper copy.

Higher Rate Taxpayers

If you’re a higher-rate taxpayer, you can also claim back the difference between higher rate (40%) and basic rate tax (20%) on the value of your gross donation (ie the amount you donate plus the Gift Aid).**

If you pay Income Tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self-Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue and Customs to adjust your tax code. Please contact the DARO for more information.

International Donors

For US donors. DARO (Development and Alumni Relations Office) is an approved institution of the British Schools & Universities Foundation in the USA. The School has 501(c)3 status. Please email DARO for further information.

* Gift Aid is reclaimed by the charity from the tax you pay for the current tax year. Your address is needed to identify you as a current UK taxpayer, as you must be a UK taxpayer to qualify. If your Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax is less than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all your donations in that tax year it is your responsibility to pay any difference. Please notify the charity if you change your name or home address, no longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains or want to cancel your declaration.

** Disclaimer. This information does not constitute financial, tax or legal advice and is provided for general information purposes only. The RGS is not responsible for the content of external websites.