We are looking to appoint an exceptional French horn teacher to join our outstanding music departments (prep and senior) where boys are musical and highly motivated young musicians. Starting date 31 October 2022.
Candidates will be required to teach in both the prep and senior school (on an employed and self-employed basis respectively).
The successful candidate will be an outstanding musician and inspiring teacher with a proven track record of achieving excellent results from beginner to Grade 8 and beyond.
We are looking for:
- An exceptional musician with a passion for teaching;
- A well organised and flexible individual; and
- A strong communicator who can liaise confidently with fellow staff and parents.
Our Music Teachers are expected to:
- Provide regular updates to the Director of Music on pupil progress and attendance.
- Attend Annual General Meetings (at the Prep School) and deliver Parent evenings.
- Report annually to parents on pupil progress and aspirations.
We are proactively committed to creating a diverse staff body, which reflects the community that we teach. At the RGS we value diversity and inclusion; we want to attract the best people for the roles available. This is regardless of age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, disability, socioeconomic status or religious beliefs.
We welcome applications from musicians wishing to contribute more broadly to the music departments.
The Royal Grammar School has a responsibility for and commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The person appointed to this post will be required to apply for an enhanced Disclosure Certificate from the DBS.
Please note: applications will be considered on receipt and we reserve the right to close applications early.