RGS Guildford is recruiting for a permanent, full time NQT or recently qualified PE & Games Teacher to join its busy PE department. A wide range of sports is offered at The RGS with the major sports being rugby, hockey and cricket.
The School’s facilities are of a professional standard and include a 20-acre playing field complex where the School’s First XI cricket square is among the best in the country.
The successful candidate will lead teams in each of the School’s major sports and must be confident coaching and officiating, especially in rugby. As a member of the PE department, it is a requirement that the successful candidate is available on Saturdays throughout the school year to assist in the smooth running of block fixtures.
In return we offer:
- Remuneration well above the national scale
- Membership of Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Fee reductions for sons of staff (after a qualifying period and subject to success at the entrance examination)
- A generous relocation package for those living outside the area
- Medical cover
- Salary sacrifice schemes
- Use of on-site gym at certain times of the day
- Lunch and refreshments are provided during term time
- On-site parking in the heart of Guildford
- The RGS has a proven track record of career progression, both internally in the School and promotion to other schools.
We are proactively committed to creating a diverse staff body, which reflects the community that we teach. At RGS we value diversity and inclusion; we want to attract the best people for the roles available. This is regardless of age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, disability, socioeconomic status or religious beliefs.
If you are confident in the school’s major sports, are regularly available on Saturdays and are passionate about teaching pupils of the highest calibre, we want to hear from you.
The Royal Grammar School has a responsibility for and commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The person appointed to this post will be required to apply for an enhanced Disclosure Certificate from the DBS.
Please note: applications will be considered on receipt and we reserve the right to close applications early.